So you want to learn about the golden hour, huh? It’s a pretty popular time of day for photographers to shoot. Let me tell you what it is and why I prefer this time of day to others.
You may or may not have noticed that the majority of photographers like to schedule portrait sessions in the evening before sunset, especially here in Florida on the beach. I do offer sunrise sessions. Not very many people want to wake up at 5 am to get ready for a portrait session on vacation. I prefer to shoot in the hour leading up to sunset. This is called the ‘Golden Hour’. During this time, the lighting is absolutely stunning on the beach.
The perks of the ‘Golden Hour’:
- I will be able to get yummy light flares and beautiful soft light.
- There are no harsh shadows or squinty eyes from the blinding sun at high noon.
- In the summer, especially in June, July, and August the Florida heat is in full effect. During golden hour the temperature isn’t too hot. So you will be able to relax a little better knowing there isn’t sweat running down your face or making stains on your shirt.
- During the ‘Golden Hour’, everything is warm, pretty and gives off a magical feeling.
- I can also get some sweet silhouette shots as the sun is going down on the horizon.
I would love to help plan your perfect beach wedding!
CHECK OUT A FEW MORE TIPS ON THE BLOG:
How to Find the Perfect Wedding Officiant
Comments Off on The ‘Golden Hour’